The Salsa Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salsa | Merengue | Bachata

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)

Go down 
+72
zenith
SalsaSlut
Marcelino
viola
Mr Hoi
sunrisesunset
create
evanesence
AnGeLLiz
seiwee_lim
hairpins
judassy
birdie
roofroof
Cal_Ong
Robin
Chervon
AnnA
el
thumbelina
GuoQiang
engtat
oklor
Sky
3eyealien
suman
Christin_Ong
nirvana
witchling
KennyZz
Wyn
nicafoo
Christina Lim
pauljustin
cedricng
Andy
adonz
lifeabovesun
zhimin21
andrewz
tazmanias
snow white
Shermayn
dennis
Tian Boon
snowfox
rain17
shifa
tarcie
Carmon
Dino
wenlin
Shirokuro Hako
Danielle
christal_jo
Jasmine
mlck78
Lynn
nicholas_bp
Cilia
shin
Julie
mag
Alan
ukigeta
muscaria10
Weeliano
Sunny
beLinD@
joechua
Moon
huhu
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ukigeta
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ukigeta

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue250/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 5:43 pm

wah... i think should be u teach mi leh...haha... i think michael mayb still in SG but going off to taiwan or US soon... I lost my phone so cannot contact him these few days...
Back to top Go down
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female
Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue200/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 pm

roofroof wrote:
Ohh..I was stunned for a while when u mention JH.. it took me a while to figure out who JH is. Haha, i guess it may be the case, pardon me cos I've got short term memory. perhaps when we head down to union, and see your face, my memory will get refreshed. I plan to go union immediately when I come back, on 31st March, saturday. Do you guys usually go down on saturday?

hmmm, the group's by default drop by on tue evening... but there are always a few of us who will drop by on other days too Razz:P:P wow!!! to union IMMEDIATELY when you are back.... woot! soooooo onz sia, okok, see you then cheers cheers

cheerios,
chrissy:queen:
Back to top Go down
roofroof
Beginner
Beginner
roofroof

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-11-28

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue250/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 am

Oh I see, does Michael haf msn or something? or email perhaps?
U can PM me if u don't wanna broadcast his email. =P
Back to top Go down
roofroof
Beginner
Beginner
roofroof

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 7:50 am

Christina Lim wrote:
roofroof wrote:
Ohh..I was stunned for a while when u mention JH.. it took me a while to figure out who JH is. Haha, i guess it may be the case, pardon me cos I've got short term memory. perhaps when we head down to union, and see your face, my memory will get refreshed. I plan to go union immediately when I come back, on 31st March, saturday. Do you guys usually go down on saturday?

hmmm, the group's by default drop by on tue evening... but there are always a few of us who will drop by on other days too Razz:P:P wow!!! to union IMMEDIATELY when you are back.... woot! soooooo onz sia, okok, see you then cheers cheers

cheerios,

I really miss salsa ... Its been some time since I count my numbers in 1,2,3,5,6,7. It'll probably take me a while of getting used to before I stop doing basic all the time.

I would love to meet the group but I still don't know who's who in the group.. And it'll be great to know more dance partners so that I won't bore the same person to death with my basics =p
Back to top Go down
Sunny
tWo LeFt FeEt
tWo LeFt FeEt
Sunny

Male
Number of posts : 284

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 7:50 am

The member roofroof has done the following action : Roll dices

2 times Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 De6
Results :
  Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 De6   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 De1
Back to top Go down
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue200/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 5:29 pm

roofroof wrote:
Christina Lim wrote:
roofroof wrote:

cheerios,

I really miss salsa ... Its been some time since I count my numbers in 1,2,3,5,6,7. It'll probably take me a while of getting used to before I stop doing basic all the time.

I would love to meet the group but I still don't know who's who in the group.. And it'll be great to know more dance partners so that I won't bore the same person to death with my basics =p

hahaha, dun believe you and your basics all the time!! Sleep Sleep Sleep come on, i know you because you needed a partner to show some moves leh so i was the stand-in lol! lol! lol! me dun remember doing any basics at that time... hahahahahahaha

cheerios,
chrissy
Back to top Go down
roofroof
Beginner
Beginner
roofroof

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 10:45 pm

Serious, after u don't dance for a while, u forget the moves.. And by now, I think I only have like 30% left. You'll know when u see me on sat
Back to top Go down
sunrisesunset
Beginner
Beginner
sunrisesunset

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 1:14 am

HI everyone,

My name is Clemence, I was introduced to this forum by James (judassy).

I'm a beginner in salsa took my lessons at Two-Left feet. Hope to get to know more people and have lotsa fun dancing together. Although i still dunno who is in the grp haha Smile

Hope to see u guys in union Smile
cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
ukigeta
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ukigeta

Male
Number of posts : 210

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 1:25 am

Hi sunrisesunset........ WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!! hope can c u at union... we gather there every tuesday.... come and u'll know who are in this forum... lol! lol! afro
Back to top Go down
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 2:57 am

sunrisesunset wrote:
HI everyone,

My name is Clemence, I was introduced to this forum by James (judassy).

I'm a beginner in salsa took my lessons at Two-Left feet. Hope to get to know more people and have lotsa fun dancing together. Although i still dunno who is in the grp haha Smile

Hope to see u guys in union Smile
cheers Smile

Very Happy hi there,

welcome welcome.... cheers yupyup, join us on Tue (get James to join you) then intro you to us abit... i am sure you will enjoy the company of this bunch of salsa addicts hahahaha lol! lol!

Many of them have been dancing salsa for long long time le... so im sure all the shi-xiongs will come in useful at some point in time hahahaha lol! lol! lol!

alrighty, hope to see you next tue.... I will be there.... so see you then!

cheerios,
chrissy
Back to top Go down
Mr Hoi
Beginner
Beginner
Mr Hoi

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue-300000000/0Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (-300000000/0)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 12:09 pm

Nice to be herei'm terence.i am not a salsa fanatic but am amazed wif myself that i am still learning and dancing both on the classroom and the dancefloor till this day.Thru salsa i've met and make aplenty of nice frens.Good to get acquaintance wif you guys.
In case i've stepped on your toes or heels while dancing at union square,i humbly offer my apologies.By the way,can somebody burn the pool table at union square?That will be nice.
Besito,adios and viola......
Back to top Go down
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 12:53 pm

Mr Hoi wrote:
Nice to be herei'm terence.i am not a salsa fanatic but am amazed wif myself that i am still learning and dancing both on the classroom and the dancefloor till this day.Thru salsa i've met and make aplenty of nice frens.Good to get acquaintance wif you guys.
In case i've stepped on your toes or heels while dancing at union square,i humbly offer my apologies.By the way,can somebody burn the pool table at union square?That will be nice.

hihi terence... welcome to the hippest salsa forum (in my view) hahahaha lol! lol! although you claimed not a salsa fanatic, wow you sure is doing very well in salsa manz.... i saw you doing salsa and rueda in class... very nicely executed footwork on each beat you have... Wink Wink Wink

erm, i dun suggest we burn the pool tablesince that is likely to land us into police case then prob jail terms (imagine how dead union is going to be without us...sigh).... i suggest we dance around the pool table and accidentally break the pool table legs.... hahahahaha... since this is an accident, no one can find fault with us right???? cheers cheers cheers

cheerios,
chrissy
Back to top Go down
snowfox
snowfox

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-10-11

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 12:21 am

I suggest we send in the commandoes and plant C4 bombs all over the table and blow it up with the pool players... MuAHAHAhaa~
Back to top Go down
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 9:33 am

snowfox wrote:
I suggest we send in the commandoes and plant C4 bombs all over the table and blow it up with the pool players... MuAHAHAhaa~

hey Fox, LOUSY idea!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad we want to rid the table not the players leh scratch scratch besides, bombing activity is highly related to terriorism.... cannot cannot... let's put termites on the pool table and let them eat it away hahahahahahaha what ya tink? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
viola
Beginner
Beginner
viola

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-03-22

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/250)

PostSubject: Viola here   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:34 pm

Heylo peeps,

I've been lurking here for some time just lapping up all the great tips and going "Wow, I'm going to try these out!" bounce

Introduced to the sensational sparkle of salsa by Jenny 1 1/2 months ago when she brought me to Union Square for the first time. I have never looked back since being coaxed down from the high chairs by the nice folks who were there then. Very Happy

Am going through beginner's class now with JJ and am grateful for the continued warmth, acceptance and gentle guidance by the shi xiong shi jie regulars in Union Square on Tuesday nites. Thanks to all your patience, willingness to engage newbs like me (putting it above your need to practise your ruedas cheers ) and encouragement, you have really helped fan the passion for salsa.

Am continuously hungry for salsa resources so if you find that rare gem of a tip, please feel free to MSN it to me at lunemer@yahoo.com (note: that's an e-mail address I no longer check)

Till then, living la vida salsa! Wink
Back to top Go down
viola
Beginner
Beginner
viola

Female

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 8:14 pm

Christina Lim wrote:
snowfox wrote:
Mr Hoi wrote:
<snip> <snip>

By the way,can somebody burn the pool table at union square?That will be nice.
<snip snip> let's put termites on the pool table and let them eat it away hahahahahahaha what ya tink? lol! lol! lol!

Christina, snowfox and Mr Hoi, would a more natural idea be to have the salsa "wu lin gao shou"s neatly flick well-aimed needles at their cues and pool balls while they are playing so that the pool balls will either split neatly down the middle or the cues break in their hands?

The "jinxed" table will then stay unused until the wise management of union square removes the white elephant. Twisted Evil

Mr Hoi, do use my name with care. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 10:16 am

viola wrote:
Christina Lim wrote:
snowfox wrote:
Mr Hoi wrote:
<snip> <snip>

<snip snip> let's put termites on the pool table and let them eat it away hahahahahahaha what ya tink? lol! lol! lol!

Christina, snowfox and Mr Hoi, would a more natural idea be to have the salsa "wu lin gao shou"s neatly flick well-aimed needles at their cues and pool balls while they are playing so that the pool balls will either split neatly down the middle or the cues break in their hands?

The "jinxed" table will then stay unused until the wise management of union square removes the white elephant. Twisted Evil

One day, on someone's birthday celebration at union, we aim to get someone soooooooooo drunk that he (we can spare the ladies from this) puke on the pool table top!!! ahhhh, we will meet the person for dinner before headng to union cuz we wanna feed him with lots of food, so he can puked more lol! lol! when this happended, im sure removing the table is an immediate decision by the management cheers cheers cheers

cheerios,
queen chrissy queen
Back to top Go down
Shirokuro Hako
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Shirokuro Hako

Male
Number of posts : 185

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue202/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (202/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:46 pm

viola wrote:
Christina Lim wrote:
snowfox wrote:
Mr Hoi wrote:
<snip> <snip>

Hahaha....me think what Mr Hoi means is voilà.

A viola is a flower or a musical instrument. And also your name. Or could be one of the rueda's call. Dunno which level one? Can be very complicated move. On the other hand, voilà - pronounced "vwa-LAH.". An expression to indicate satisfied completion. It comes from a French expression literally meaning “look there!”. In French it is spelled with a grave accent over the A, as voilà, but when it was adopted into English, it lost its accent.

Sample sentence : If one fine day the wise management of Union Square finally comes to the sense to remove the white elephant or the elephant has suddenly disappeared by other means like termite, nuke, kung fu or karate’s chop. Voila!! The white elephant is gone for good. Salsa life will be much better.
Back to top Go down
Moon
oh my toes!
oh my toes!
Moon

Female
Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 4:45 pm

wahh. Shirokuro Hako -san is very good with his sentence construction... A+ grade!!

*clap clap clap*
Back to top Go down
https://salsa.editboard.com
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 9:49 pm

wah.... im impressed too *clap clap clap* henry, u graduated in language something something? superb interpretation wor hahahaha Smile Smile

cheerios,
chrissy
Back to top Go down
viola
Beginner
Beginner
viola

Female

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 10:26 pm

Shirokuro Hako wrote:
Hahaha....me think what Mr Hoi means is voilà.

A viola is a flower or a musical instrument. And also your name. Or could be one of the rueda's call. Dunno which level one? Can be very complicated move. On the other hand, voilà - pronounced "vwa-LAH.". An expression to indicate satisfied completion. It comes from a French expression literally meaning “look there!”. In French it is spelled with a grave accent over the A, as voilà, but when it was adopted into English, it lost its accent.

Sample sentence : If one fine day the wise management of Union Square finally comes to the sense to remove the white elephant or the elephant has suddenly disappeared by other means like termite, nuke, kung fu or karate’s chop. Voila!! The white elephant is gone for good. Salsa life will be much better.

Voilà! Surprised Very impressive, Prof Shirokuro Hako. If anything needs editing, I know who to look for in the future. Wink

Hehe, there's really a rueda call named "viola"? When I can participate in rueda and that call is made, I'll just do the easy job of posing to fulfill that call. *kekeke* Razz
Back to top Go down
Marcelino
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 11:03 am

This is Marcelino from i4 class; friend of Timothy, Jing Hui. Thanks for the invite. C ya on the Dance Floor!
Back to top Go down
SalsaSlut
Beginner
Beginner
SalsaSlut

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-12

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks for the invitation, ukigeta.

Nice forum, seems like it started off from a salsa class with classmates interacting with each other. Great job and keep dancing!!

Alittle info about myself. I am crazy about salsa and it's almost 4 years since I first step onto the dancefloor. My username says it all basically. Couldn't get enough dances, always asking for more. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://salsaslut.blogspot.com
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Marcelino wrote:
This is Marcelino from i4 class; friend of Timothy, Jing Hui. Thanks for the invite. C ya on the Dance Floor!

SalsaSlut wrote:
Thanks for the invitation, ukigeta.

Nice forum, seems like it started off from a salsa class with classmates interacting with each other. Great job and keep dancing!!

Alittle info about myself. I am crazy about salsa and it's almost 4 years since I first step onto the dancefloor. My username says it all basically. Couldn't get enough dances, always asking for more. Wink

Hi hi marcelino and salsaslut,

welcome to one of the hippest salsa forums hehehe Smile if you have a look around, you realise that we have outings every now and then... so feel free to join us as and when you are able to... the more the merrier mah lol! lol!

cheerios,
chrissy
Back to top Go down
zenith
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:16 am

Hi and thanks for the invitation JingHui,

Nice forum you guys got here... Keep it up!! Cya on the dance floor..

Luv,
Zenith aka Serene Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Salsa Forum :: General :: Member's Lounge-
Jump to: