The Salsa Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salsa | Merengue | Bachata

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)

Go down 
+72
zenith
SalsaSlut
Marcelino
viola
Mr Hoi
sunrisesunset
create
evanesence
AnGeLLiz
seiwee_lim
hairpins
judassy
birdie
roofroof
Cal_Ong
Robin
Chervon
AnnA
el
thumbelina
GuoQiang
engtat
oklor
Sky
3eyealien
suman
Christin_Ong
nirvana
witchling
KennyZz
Wyn
nicafoo
Christina Lim
pauljustin
cedricng
Andy
adonz
lifeabovesun
zhimin21
andrewz
tazmanias
snow white
Shermayn
dennis
Tian Boon
snowfox
rain17
shifa
tarcie
Carmon
Dino
wenlin
Shirokuro Hako
Danielle
christal_jo
Jasmine
mlck78
Lynn
nicholas_bp
Cilia
shin
Julie
mag
Alan
ukigeta
muscaria10
Weeliano
Sunny
beLinD@
joechua
Moon
huhu
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
pauljustin
I1
I1
pauljustin

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-10-19

Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: who am I?   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 8:33 am

Well, it's ok. The next time I come down Union... I'll make myself know to you all.

I'll try to put a picture of myself instead when I get back today. In case those of you who are wondering, you can always pop by my friendster page first to take a look: http://www.friendster.com/pauljustin

"D
Back to top Go down
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female
Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 9:36 am

Hi All,

this is christina.. erm, thks for inviting me to this forum.. i think it is really cool.

I went to Union Sq for the 1st time on Tuesday... I think it is totally a diff thing altogether from class session.. hahaha... hey, many thanks for those who have been so patiently showing me the moves, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! Smile

cheerios

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Carmon
I1.5
I1.5
Carmon

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 2:20 pm

Yup I remember Justin. He has completed I1.5 and he's a good dancer using some of his own styles and spinning techniques.

Hey nxt tm should get more gers who's in the forum to dance with him..

Will intro JH and Henry to you when I see u in union nxt tm so that they can intro all the forum gers to dance with ya.

Cheers Razz queen Laughing
Back to top Go down
ukigeta
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ukigeta

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue250/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 2:41 pm

Haha..Justin!!!!! I tot u're an indian!!!!!... I rem seeing u in union quite often.. tot u look abit like KC from JJ... hahaha
Back to top Go down
nicafoo
Beginner
Beginner
nicafoo

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: hello......got to know this forum from Ree Ukigeta   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 12:40 am

hi,

got to know this forum from Ree and keen to pick up some tips on Salsa.

Cheers,
Nica Foo
Back to top Go down
Wyn
Beginner
Beginner
Wyn

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 11:51 pm

Thanks to Jinghui for the invitaion to this forum.

I started salsa only in August and I would say I need more practice. =)

Looking forward to more dancing in union~

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
ukigeta
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ukigeta

Male

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue250/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 4:57 am

This is embarrassing but Wyn... Who R U???? drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Wyn
Beginner
Beginner
Wyn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 1:19 pm

haha.. dun worry about it..

<------- this is me, a friend of Timothy. One of the taller gals who frequents Union on Friday nights. =)
Back to top Go down
Dino
Dino

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-10-11

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200/200Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 2:38 pm

heh and a friend of mine... manz i tell you guys, she is one great dancer!
Back to top Go down
ukigeta
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ukigeta

Male

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 7:54 pm

lol! lol! OH YAH!!!!! hahaha...I remenber!!!! geek jocolor
Back to top Go down
Wyn
Beginner
Beginner
Wyn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 9:58 pm

dino... you give me too much credits.

I am still a newbie and beginner to salsa~ i still need lotsa pointers from you salsarians!
Back to top Go down
KennyZz
I1
I1
KennyZz

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2006-11-15

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue199/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (199/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 12:28 am

Heh hi guys... kenny here ~ just dropping by hope to dance wif u guys soon !
Back to top Go down
Christina Lim
I4
I4
Christina Lim

Female
Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 9:18 am

hahaha kenny? black or white la? lol!
Back to top Go down
KennyZz
I1
I1
KennyZz

Male

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue199/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (199/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 12:13 am

hehe in black of coz Razz
Back to top Go down
huhu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
huhu

Male
Number of posts : 490

Status
Energy:
Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue135/250Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (135/250)

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 10:28 am

-___-lll come on... intro urself in one post lei.... try not to chat in this thread...

opps~ did this post count as chat?
Back to top Go down
witchling
Beginner
Beginner
witchling

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2006 1:02 pm

hello~!
it's kate here aka wItcHLinG (my internet nick)
beginner in salsa..qin duo duo zhi jiao Smile
nicholas, finally register myself in this forum....sorry to talke so long...work is killing me...
kenny, great to see you here too!
ukigeta
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ukigeta

Male

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2006 5:40 pm

Kate.. R u the one beside Kenny in that photo??? or R u really the one in your avatar... scratch scratch Anyway.. see u in union to tuesday
Back to top Go down
KennyZz
I1
I1
KennyZz

Male

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 1:17 am

neither... the one beside me is ayumi ... anyway yo kate nice to cya here too Smile
Back to top Go down
nirvana
Beginner
Beginner

Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 1:18 pm

Hi ppl, lynn here. Can't put Lynn in username cos taken up liaos. So call me nirvana la.

I have been in touch with salsa about 5/6 years ago and then there was only YMCA that offer the course (cheaply!). And last year July, took it up again in Jitterbug and the rest is history. I went to 2LF, JJ, Attitude and then most recently En motion. Been about one and half year since I start taking salsa actively and wun be stopping any time soon.

I will be taking up Latin dance sports beginning of next year to expand my dance vocabulary.

Hope to see you guys soon in union! I go down infrequently though. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Christin_Ong
Beginner
Beginner
Christin_Ong

Female

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 2:55 pm

Halo everyone, I'm Christine... I'm a new member here but I may not be new to some of u as I guess some of u guys & gals saw me b4.

Hehehe... ;p
Back to top Go down
Christin_Ong
Beginner
Beginner
Christin_Ong

Female

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 3:15 pm

halo.. halo.. sorry ah, juz now forgotten to self-intro abit... i'm in the JJ beginner class 5 liao... this thurs is my last lesson? i think so guah.. like not enough of practise like tat.. but nevermind, lao yan dao will teach me more..hehhehe.. :p

i've signed up I-1 starting this 30/Nov...
Back to top Go down
witchling
Beginner
Beginner
witchling

Female
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:23 pm

ukigeta >> i'm not the one in the photo la...just like that picture anot (me not so pretty lol)

kenny >> sorry din reply your sms...was busy working...i actually stop the salsa class already...sob sob...how i wish i can continue soon...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 1:06 pm

Hi All,

Glad to see so may salsaros here...Smile

This is my very 1st post in this forum.
Let's start with the introductions.

My name is Ronnie and I have been dancing salsa since June 05.

I started off with classes at the community centre where classes are every Sunday evening. I still remember classes were fun and every Sunday is a day i always look forward to. Classes were held in a bomb shelter in the void deck of a HDB building and i still remember that floor was rather uneven. Even so, i attended the classes enthusiastically and made it a point to go for all lessons, and pick up from classmates if i miss any of them.

My 1st social dance (outside class) came about 3-4 months later. A few classmates decided check out LADC social night and I tagged along. the experience was nothing like i ever had before. It feels like stepping into un-chartered waters. Dancing chreo patterns in classes is one thing. Leading a lady in social dance is totally another thing. As well-verse with the chreo patterns as i am, my limbs went numb and the brain was a blank when i did my 1st social dance. Yup, i lead the lady to do basic steps for a good half of the song..haha. It was a total disaster and totally shattered any confidence that i had before. But that did not stop me from improving myself to become better.

About 1 month later in Nov 05, a frd and I decided that what the CC classes can teach us is limited. True, at the CC, we learn a lot of chreo patterns but it was never clear in how we should lead the lady. In other words, we were lacking in techniques even though we could weave amazing patterns. We decided to venture out. Based on recommendations from another frd, we landed ourselves in 2LF. I then go on to complete Lesson 1, 2, and 2B from 2LF.

After 2 months in 2LF (and concurrent classes from CC as well), some classmates wanted to try out lessons at JJ's. And during one fine Sunday, after i woke up at about 12++pm due to a late night Mahjong session, my mobile rang. Hitting the ANSWER button, a persistent ranting burst through the speakers. It was one of my 2LF classmates, "we are going to JJ's I1 lessons today at 2++ PM, wanna come?". Looking at the clock, i only have mins to get myself ready and then zoom out to JJ's Dancehub for the lesson, not to mention that I still evening classes at the CC later. Without giving much thought, i agreed and therefore started my salsa path with JJ.

Since then, I have stuck with JJ and have completed all their Salsa classes. I am now doing their Rueda classes and will be completing R3 this week. After that, I will not be taking any dance classes and my only practice ground will be Union Square.

I guess that should be enough for some starter's intro.
As for contribution to this forum, I would like to start with some simple advice:

Dancing onbeat - Guys, and i mean especially guys, dancing onbeat is very important. Not only it makes the dance looks nice, it will also make the lady you are leading feel more comfortable. It also allows you to dance with the flow of the music and complement the music with styling.
Ladies, in this case, you do not have much of a choice. When you are matched with a off-beat dance, there is nothing much you can do except to follow his lead. Well, you can shatter his ego by counting the beats for him but that will probably strike off one potential dance partner off your list. Your call then. Now, you may ask, how to count the beats? I agree that in some music, it can be harder to decipher the beats. But all it takes is some practice and internalising yourself to latin music. Even for the musically untuned, if you listen to latin music constantly for 1 week, i am sure you will pick up something.

Okie, that is enough for my intro.
Hope to see some of you on the dance floor.
I may be shy sometimes so do ask me for a dance..

See ya

ron
Back to top Go down
Christin_Ong
Beginner
Beginner
Christin_Ong

Female

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 4:22 pm

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
ukigeta
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ukigeta

Male

Status
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 4:27 pm

haha..christin!! u finally managed to find this forum.... lol! lol! ...

witchling.... u made mi so curious now.. do u still dance at union??

ron.. if u shy.. i can ask u for a dance.. lol! lol! with the gers of course... elephant elephant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)   Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction topic (Please come in and intro yourself)
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Salsa Forum :: General :: Member's Lounge-
Jump to: